Discover Turkey’s longest gorge in a stunning natural setting rich in history and cultureIf you’re interested in culture, natural beauty and history, you will appreciate a day at Saklıkent Gorge Nature Park. The 18km long Saklıkent Gorge, the longest in Turkey, is set in a spectacular natural park of pine, oak and cedar trees.
Your chance to
- Explore the longest gorge in Turkey
- Visit the ruins of Xanthos
- Witness nature, history and culture coming together
- Enjoy a fresh lunch in a tree house in the cool breeze of the gorge
At a glance
- Visit the ruins of Xanthos enroute to Saklıkent Gorge
- Fantastic mixture of nature, history and culture for all interests
- Tea break at Xanthos
- May not be suitable for children under 10
- All transport (incl. free pick-up from peninsula villas & hotels)
- Tea break
- Lunch in a shaded tree house
- All Entrance Fees
What´s not included
- Extra drinks or souvenirs
- Travel insurance
Remember to bring
- Sun protection, sun hat and sunglasses
- Lots of water
- Appropriate seasonal outerwear for exploring the gorge
Starting time09:45 am at the Bougainville Travel office.
ItineraryFrom Kaş, the drive to Saklıkent Gorge takes about 55 minutes. You will drive through scores of small villages, in one of which you’ll stop for a tea break and visit the ruins of Xanthos.
On arrival at Saklıkent Gorge, you can explore this beautiful natural wonder on foot. Later, while relaxing in the cool breeze of the river under the shade of tree houses, you can order a freshly prepared lunch of chicken, beef, trout from the fish farm or a vegetarian alternative.
Children PolicyChildren must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Children should be 10 years of age as this tour may not be suitable for all children under 10 years of age.
SafetyAlways safety first! All tour guides carry 1st aid kits and are trained in 1st aid procedures.
CapacityA minimum of four people are required for this tour.