PADI ADVANCE OPEN WATER DIVER COURSEThe PADI Advanced Open Water Course (AOWD) enhances the skills of divers holding a PADI Open Water Diver certification or its equivalent.
This AOWD Course normally takes four to five days to complete.
Dive DetailsTo enrol in the PADI Advanced Open Water Course you must be 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver NB by Turkish Law the minimum age for diving is 14) and you must have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another training organization). You should undertake a medical check-up before starting the course.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course consists of Two Core Dives (required); a deep dive and a compass navigation dive. The student will also choose three elective dives from the following:
- A multi-level-dive
- A peak performance buoyancy dive
- A a night dive
- A search and recovery dive
- A wreck dive
- A boat (inflatable) dive
- A drift dive
- or an underwater naturalist dive
Self study, knowledge review sessions and a detailed briefing precede each dive. Students are required to read the relevant chapters of the PADI Advanced Open Water Course Book.
- includes 5 “adventure” dives of which there is a deep dive & an underwater navigation dive
- All dives are in groups of maximum 5 persons
- The company is insured through Divers Alert Network (DAN) and 3rd party liability policies
- Instructors, divemasters and boat staff speak English, German and Turkish
- The price includes the relevant PADI course material e.g. Course Book and Tables