EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE COURSEThe Emergency First Response (EFR) Course is a mix of primary and secondary care, CPR and first aid. These skills are required for the PADI Rescue Diver Course. Bougainville Travel diving instructors specialize in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers.
The Fun Part about Emergency First Response training is learning medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence to help in an emergency.
What You Learn in the EFR Course
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
Learning Materials You NeedThrough a combination of independent study and skill practice with an instructor, you’ll build the confidence and skills to provide basic emergency care. The Primary and Secondary Care Manual and video on DVD preview emergency scenarios and provide step-by-step skill demonstrations.
The Emergency First Response Care at a Glance card is a quick-reference guide for emergency situations. Designed to fit in a glove compartment or backpack, the Care at a Glance card is an important component for any first-aid or disaster preparedness kit.
After completing Primary and Secondary Care, you are prepared to take the PADI Rescue Diver Course next.
- All dives are in groups of maximum 4 persons
- The company is insured through Divers Alert Network (DAN) and 3rd party liability policies
- Instructors, divemasters and boat staff speak English, German and Turkish
- The price includes the relevant PADI course material e.g. Course Book and Tables